How to install Java Updates? Some important things about java
Do you know about programming languages? Have you ever heard about Java? Do you know about Java updates? This article is about the basics of Java and some instructions for installing Java updates. Java is a high-level programming language. Sun Microsystems introduced and developed Java. Java Virtual machine interprets Java programs. It runs on multiple platforms. I can run on Macintosh, Windows, and UNIX computers.
Application developers can develop applications through it. These apps can run on any system which has Runtime Environment software in it. If you want to downgrade or upgrade java version, there are all previous versions of Java. But Sun emphasizes running the most recent version on your device. You may install older versions after you remove the existing JRE version.
How to check for java updates
For this purpose, you may follow these instructions.
- Scroll to start the menu and then choose the control panel.
- Select the Java icon so that you open the Java control panel.
- Select the about button then.
- You may find it in the General tab to check what version of Java software is working on your device.
- Click the Java tab and then select view. You may find it in Java – Applet Runtime Settings section of your window.
- You must take note of version number in the version column of java runtime version.
- Then make a comparison with your device java version. In this way, you can check if you need an update.
How to install java updates
Oracle periodically releases updates to the Java platform to fix bugs and vulnerabilities that would allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Java. Information Services strongly recommends you stay current with Java updates to help protect your computer.
Install java updates for Windows
Instructions for java updates and installing an updated version of Java is as under. You must follow these steps.
- Scroll to the start button in the lower-left corner of the computer screen and select the setting.
- Go to the control panel.
- In the control panel, select Java on the list.
- You will see an icon of a coffee cup rising steam from the bowl.
- Choose the update tab, and after it, the update button is clicked.
- In allow changes button, elect yes. To enable changes, Download and then start running an update.
- Click yes and then ok and start installing when prompted for it.
- You must ensure to uncheck the box installing the ask toolbar.
- You will not install ask toolbar but java update.
- Don’t proceed further if you receive a message that you have already installed an update and your system is up to date.
How to install an older version of Java
As it is told earlier, you can upgrade or downgrade to any version of Java. For this, you must follow the instructions below.
- Click on the start button in the bottom left corner of your computer in windows.
- Scroll to the control panel menu in the settings folder.
- Double click on Programs and features in windows & again double click the Add/Remove programs if you are using an older version of windows.
- Now click on your current version and then click uninstall or remove button.
- Restart your computer after it is uninstalled.
Now open your browser window and search for Sun’s Java technology products and download page.
- Now navigate to Java Platform Standard Edition heading and select your desired version.
- After selecting the text of your choice, you should choose the preferred version update from the dropdown menu and after it choose “go”.
- Now click on the download JRE link and choose the window from the list of platforms.
- After it, check “I agree… box and then select continue.
- Now click the link below Windows Offline Installation heading.
- Save the installer file in your device.
- When prompted, close your browser window.
- .Now click on the data you saved in the previous step.
- Double click it, and there will be instruction shown on screen.
- Follow the steps to install your selected version of Java.
- When all levels are completed successfully, the program is ready to use.
Some java features
From 1995 java has surpassed other programming languages. It is a high level of language and platform for computing. Since its inception, it introduces updated regularly. Its most recent version was released in 2014. As Java gained widespread popularity because of its advantages, several configurations have been built. Different developments have been made to suit the types of different platforms, such as Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX. As the mobile and web applications have got importance, Java has become the foundation and a center of these applications. It is used for scripting, web content, enterprise software, games, and other mobile apps.
Java is used to develop several applications. Some of them are;
Desktop and mobile apps, embedded systems for different purposes, Web applications, Enterprise applications, and scientific applications. It is proof of java’s popularity.