Email is the most preferred way to communicate with people for a business purpose. There are a number of websites that provide you access to email ID. Some of them are Gmail, Hotmail, Rediff mail etc. Sometimes you need to save an email as PDF for your convenience so that you can easily find it without going online. PDF is a portable file document which is used to share electronic data across operating system platforms. If you want to know how to save an email as a PDF on Android then check out the content below:
1. Open the Gmail application of your Android devices. The Gmail application usually comes pre-installed in all the devices. It is a red and white color envelope icon.
2. Open the email that you want to save as PDF.
3. Tap on the three vertical dots icon present on the top right corner of the app. A drop-down menu will appear.
4. Click on the “Print” option. “Save as PDF” page will open.
5. Click on the down arrow button present on the top line next to the “Save as PDF” option.
6. Tap on “Save as PDF” option.
7. Tap on “PDF” icon presents on the right corner of the screen.
8. Select the location where you want to save the PDF. If you do not see any folder to save the file then tap on three horizontal lines icon and then select either internal storage or external storage and select the folder.
9. You can now name the file and then click on the “Save” button present on the bottom right corner of the screen. The selected email is now saved as a PDF on your android device.
Advantages of saving as a PDF
- Saving an email as a PDF maintain the document format. When you share the email with other people, the document format is mostly disturbed but in case of PDF, there is no such issue.
- The PDF file is secure as it can be protected by a password. If you are business-oriented than the email may contain sensitive document which when converted to PDF can be protected.
- PDF can work on all the operating systems. Nowadays it is working on Android and ios platform so there is no problem in viewing it.
- The PDF file is the easiest to open and can be accessed without internet too. The size of the PDF is smaller than any other file document. It also saves your time in retrieving emails from the server.
The above text on how to save an email as PDF gives you an accurate direction on the complete process. Viewing a PDF is a lot easier than opening an email as for viewing an email one must go online. Read the article on how to save an email as PDF on Android to convert your messages to PDF format.