PDF or Portable File Document is a file format developed by Adobe that is designed to look the same on every platform it is viewed. The PDF file can be created by different software like Excel, Word, InDesign, Photoshop, etc. There are a number of a PDF reader that can be used to view and edit it. If you want to know how to reduce PDF file size or how to make a PDF smaller then check out the text below:
How to reduce the size of a PDF using Adobe Acrobat?
To reduce the size of PDF, follow the steps below:
- Open the PDF file you want to resize or reduce in Adobe Acrobat.
- Click on “File” option in the menu bar present on the top of the screen. A drop-down will appear on the screen.
- From the drop-down menu open “Save As Other” option.
- Click on “Reduce Size PDF” option.
- Open “Make Compatible With” drop-down menu.
- Select the most recent version of the Adobe Acrobat. The latest versions of the Adobe Acrobat reduce the size of the file.
- Select the location on your disk where you want to save the PDF file.
- Now click on the “Save” button and your file gets saved as a smaller PDF in your desktop.
How to reduce size of PDF online?
There are a number of websites where you can upload your PDF file and can make its size smaller. Some of the websites are pdfcompressor.com, smallpdf.com, ilovepdf.com etc. The process for reducing the size is similar in all these sites. Follow the steps below to reduce the PDF size online:
- Visit any of the PDF compressor websites. Some websites also provide extensions which you can add to your browser.
- Select the PDF file which you want to make smaller.
- Drag the PDF file to the “Drop PDF Here” box or choose the file from there.
- The file is now processed.
- After the file is compressed click on the “Download” option.
- Choose the location where you want to save the reduced file.
- Click on the save button and your file gets saved to the desired location on your computer.
How to make PDF smaller by removing unwanted objects and unused spaces?
There are a number of features that can be used to reduce the size of PDF. You can use Adobe or Nitro PDF to decrease the size of a PDF. Follow the steps below to remove objects from the file making it smaller:
- Open the PDF you want to reduce.
- Open the “Advanced” option and select “PDF Optimizer”. If you are using Nitro PDF then press to “Nitro PDF” button followed by the “Prepare” option and then “Optimize Document” option.
- Choose the objects you want to remove from the PDF.
- Press “Ok” when you are done.
- The PDF file is now reduced.