What is a Brand Identity
In a market as competitive and saturated as it is today, one needs to extra careful about how the brand is perceived in the minds of the customers and potential customers. Appropriate mind mapping strategy has to be followed in order to reach the target market.
One must of course establish a unique brand image, with a good reputation this is not very hard to make.
One must attract customers, and in order to do that a BRAND IDENTITY is crucial. A company can very much do this on its own, but sometimes you’ll need to hire professionals for doing it better than you can.
Where does it go wrong?
There are, however misconceptions involved with the concept itself.
The post is about all the myths that revolve around it, But before we can actually start with that, It’ll help you get a clearer, better understanding to know what actually a brand image is inclusive of. To start with you’ll need to develop a log to present your brand visually, this will be catchy. It’ll get you the attention that’ll help your customers relate your quality with the logo every time they look at it. Next come, a series of items which are crucially important too. A website, business cards, folders, brochures, flyers, letter heads and any potential professional item you can think of. People sometimes are known to use wall clocks, calendars and pens too! so if you thought your company is too small for a brand image, you are MISTAKEN.
Small companies have for long been a believer of their smaller horizons and lesser possibilities. These start ups have usually feel that the brand images are reserved only for corporate giants, this is one completely wrong, because every firm needs to have an established brand image in the market, no matter how big or small. These firms can also set up their brand identities. The most common myths linked with business identities are:
1. The power of brand creation resting with bigger companies only. This is one belief that needs to be changed, as soon as it can be. Your brand image is linked directly with the quality of the product and services that you have to offer. Only when you are able to set your company’s image distinctively apart can you hope you capture a significant market share.
2. Do not look down on a BRAND IMAGE, just because you are a small company. Your brand image is your real asset, this is directly linked to the number of sales you’ll be able to achieve and in case if you seek expansion your success will depend solely on the brand image that you have maintained or established in the market during your operations.
3. A brand identity makes your work more professional and helps in running the business more progressively. You can personalize your brand and distinguish it, if your product is not unique enough; a unique brand image will make it unique, make it stand out and worth more than your competitor’s similar product or service.
4. Position of your brand is to be taken into consideration, the market it caters to and whether it’s a high priced or low priced good or service. Your entire branding strategy shall revolve around the goals that you wish to pursue. Identifying the unique selling points of your product, your competitive edge over your competitor’s and a few other factors will be the basis for your brand image to be built upon.
5. Hiring a professional for getting it right is also important. This is a onetime cost unless you believe in constant improvements and are willing to hire the professional more than once. There are numerous, cheap yet high quality designers who’ll help you out, being available online in this regard. A company is capable of doing it on their own, but it’s always better to hire a pro if you are not a pro at it.
Hence a company’s marketing is directly related to its branding. One can never be too careful of what image it markets to the customers. The myths and misconceptions are just other set-backs to smaller companies with less or no awareness. We hope we have been of help!