Mail is one of the most useful means of sending information electronically. Mail is very versatile and very robust. Offices use mail, schools use mail, commercial cooperation uses mail, etc. Sending mail does not necessarily need a pc as it can be done on a mobile phone. Mail is also used for mass message delivery and also for advertising.
As a blog owner, site owner, social media manager, sales representative, etc. the best way to reach out to your audience, clients, customers, etc. is to find a means of sending bulk message to them. Using emails to get in touch would be economically fair, efficient and 100% delivery is a guarantee when you use mail. When it comes to how to forward mail, it is not hard work to carry out.
What does Mail mean?
Mail could be Gmail, Yahoo mail, etc. These are just the bodies that are providing the mailing service. In terms of function, there is no actual significant difference between these emails. The only difference is the body of organization that provides this service.
For instance, Gmail is a free service developed byGoogle. There would be times when the need to forward mail to a new address will arise. For example, as an online product marketer, your employer does send mail to be forward weekly to hundreds of prospective customers. As a branch manager, there might be a need for post office forwarding or mail forwarding to the post office as the case may be. We shall discuss how to forward mail in the next part of this article.
Step by step procedure of Mail forwarding
- Open Gmail account & select the gear icon in the right. Click on settings
2. Click on Forwarding and pop IMAP
3. Click on “Add a forwarding address” It will opens a window with a popup to enter the email address to which all emails to be forwarded.
4. Enter the email address to which the emails to be forwarded in the popup.
5. We can also use Creating filters option to have more additional options in forwarding email. Click on it to get more details
6. Below is the image showing multiple options for forwarding email.
a. Filter by email: We can filter emails coming from a particular email & forward all those to another email.
b. Filter by Words: We can forward all emails containing particular word to our destination email.
c. Filter by excluding words: We can forward all emails not containing specific words
d. Filter by attachment Size
e. Filter by no Chats
We’ll be taking Gmail as the case study here
- Open your Gmail account on your phone or pc.
- Make sure you open the Gmail with the account that you want to use to message.
3. Click on the message you want to forward.
4. At the top corner of the display screen or somewhere on the same page of the message you opened you will see forward or option.
5. If it is an option, click it and you will see a list that contains forward.
6. Select forward.
7. There will be another display screen with “To”, “Cc”, “Bcc”.
8. Select the blank space in front of “To” and put all the emails you want to forward the mail too.
9. Put the names of those you want to send a copy of the mail at “Cc”.
10. Put the name of those you want to blindly send a copy at “Bcc”.
11. After you must have done all these, you can click on send.