Citizens Insurance Company of America Auto and Home Coverage
Citizens Insurance Company of America, or also popular as Citizens Insurance, is a subsidiary of The Hanover Insurance Group and leading provider of personal and casualty insurance for both personal and commercial accounts in the Midwest. Companiesheadquarter in Detroit, Michigan, but the operating areas include at least 12 states in the North Central region of the United States:South Dakota,Indiana, Ohio,Nebraska, Michigan,Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, North Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. Because of its Michigan’s head-office location, people and existing policyholders often refer the company to as Citizens Insurance Michigan, too.
One of the company’s best offerings is the Platinum Experience, which includes a bundle or package of policies to encompass awide range of protections and benefits into a single option. The coverage includes many different financial protections for car, home, watercrafts, valuables, and identities as well. Platinum service by Citizens Insurance offers professional claim-handling, flexible payment, understandable bills, and 24/7 online tools.
[seoready_ads unit=1697 align=”none”]
Apart from those basic services, it provides the following benefits:
1. Partnership with local independent agents to ensure policy underwriting transparencies in all aspects
2. Valuable savings from discounts
3. A phone number that only existing policyholders can call, eliminating busy traffic and line congestion
4. A track record of excellent performance brings peace of mind to customers
5. Platinum service is a world-class insurance product available for both commercial and personal accounts
All coverage options from Citizens Insurance cover both individual and business accounts. There are differences in policy format as follows:
|Identity Theft||Professional Liability|
|Valuable Items||Risk Management Solutions|
In this discussion, the main focus is on Citizens Property Insurance for individual accounts, consisting of several major categories including Auto, Home, Renters, and Condo.
As a general rule of auto insurance purchase, the least expensive option is not always the best. The most important thing is good balance between quality and price, at which Citizens Insurance excels. Some of the available coverage options are:
• Liability: depending on state’s regulations, bodily injury liability can be either mandatory or optional. The company ensures that all policyholders have the right type of insurance to comply with the law.
• Comprehensive & Collision: property damage protections for policyholders’ vehicles. Any damage as result of both accident and non-accident causes fall under the protection of this coverage.
• Newer Car Replacement: totaled vehicle within one year of purchase or lease (or 15,000 miles), whichever comes first, receives New Car Replacement Guard. There is no depreciation or deduction in the total amount of compensations.
• Deductible Dividends: once a policyholder includes this endorsement, an immediate reward in the form of lower deductible is available.
• Roadside Assistance: 24/7 emergency services for towing vehicle. Coverage limit is $150, yet all towing charges that exceed the limit are subject to reimbursement.
• Transportation Expense: rental reimbursement is available as optional coverage without time limit. A policyholder can rent vehicle for as long as it takes to repair his/her ownvehicle in the shop. Limit reaches up to $3000. In case the car from the rental service also needs repair due to accident, the company protects that too.
• Personal Injury Protection: a mandatory coverage in some states, but customers can add PIP to the existing policy for complete protection.
Other endorsements available from the company include Trip Interruption, Pet Injury, Snow Removal, Lawn Mowing, and Housekeeping.
[seoready_ads unit=7385 align=”none”]
Packages in home insurance consist of three different packages: Homeowners, Condo, and Renters. All types are flexible in the sense that the policy can suit everybody’s needs depending on many personal factors. Regardless of the type, the company offers some endorsements:
• Replacement Cost
• Water back-up
• Sump Overflow
• Roof Restoration Coverage
• Waiver of Deductible
• Equipment Breakdown
In the more specific category, every homeowner owns a policy that matches the type of dwelling for examples single-family homes, apartments, condominiums, and renters.
Partnership with Independent Agents
Insurance limits for all types vary from state to state. More than that, not everybody can afford to purchase a complete protection for their properties. This is why Citizens Insurance Company of America chooses to build long-term partnerships with professional local independent agents to make sure all the purchasing and underwriting processes are the results of a fruitful agreement between the company and customers. There are many reasons that independent agents can give valuable inputs in insurance-buying:
1. More choices: independent agents work for and on behalf of customers. They do not get any compensation for selling policies from any particular company. These agents are professionals, and they have the expertise to provide clients with the most viable options depending on financial circumstances and underlying conditions. A company that offers their products only through independent agents ensures transparency.
2. Customers’ representatives: serving as the middleman in the insurance-purchasing process, independent agents do not take any benefits from a successful transaction between insurer and policyholder because they work for customers. Their main function is to represent customers in discussions and try to deliver the best possible alternatives.
3. Long-term assistance: a policyholder can develop long-term partnership with independent agents and ask help anytime there is issue with claim processing, renewal, adding more coverage, and cancellation.
Citizens Insurance Company of America only works with independent professional agents with reputable credentials. There is no involvement from acaptive agent, so customers have better and wider options available to choose their own coverage according to personal preferences.