The complete library of Ymail
The “Era of Emails” has started and communication via emails has become a popular thing. This article will give you a detailed outlook on an email address called Ymail.
A question arises in our mind.
What is a Ymail account?
- AYmail account is an email account which uses @ymail.com email address and is associated with a Yahoo mail account.
- You can access your Ymail account via the Yahoo Sign-in page, an external third-party app, or through the desktop email system.
A footstep back in past
A common question that arises in the mind of people is that when and why was Ymail founded?
- Ymail is an alternate domain name to Yahoo which was established in 2008, almost 13 years after Yahoo was launched.
- The new domain was intended to meet the clients’ need of finding the most ideal email address for them, which was difficult to find on Yahoo due to its immense popularity.
- Yahoo had more than a hundred million users worldwide, forcing the new users to settle with complex email addresses. Ymail’s main motive was to assess and solve this problem.
Ymail vs Yahoo mail
- Ymail is an additional domain of Yahoo mail created to give more opportunities to the users to choose an email address of their choice.
- Both Ymail and Yahoo mail use the same email interface and can be accessed in the same way.
- The major difference between Yahoo and Ymail is that Ymail, being the new domain, offers simpler varieties and options of email addresses to the clients.
How to activate and deactivate a Ymail account?
Having studied an overview of Ymail, let us now learn about activating and deactivating a Ymail account.
The first step towards activating any account is signing in.
- You can sign in for a Ymail account by clicking the “sign-in” option on the yahoo home page.
- The site will demand your username and password to authenticate your identity.
- Once you enter correct credentials, you will be logged in successfully and redirected to the Welcome page.
- Thereafter you can browse your emails, your inbox, your spam folder, etc.
Deactivating a Ymail account means losing all your data, emails, photos, etc. permanently. It is always advised to take a backup of all your important stuff before deleting a Ymail account. Let us look at the complete step-by-step guide to delete your Ymail account.
- Start by opening Yahoo’s “delete user” page and entering your username.
- The next step is to enter your password. Due to security purposes, identity authentication is very important. It can be done by entering the code that Yahoo sent to your registered mobile number.
- Read all the information regarding the termination of your account and proceed further.
- Yahoo will ask you to enter your email address once again before deleting your account permanently.
- On entering the email address and selecting the “Yes, terminate my account” option, Yahoo will deactivate your Ymail account and schedule it for termination.
- Before final termination, you will get a small window of time to reactivate your account, in case you change your decision.
Security issues regarding Ymail
Any email account contains a lot of personal and professional data and hence the security of the account is one of the main concerns of users. Is Ymail account safe and secure? Let’s find out.
- Ymail account asks for OTPs and passwords always.
- The auto-spam functionality of Ymail which redirects some fake emails in the spam folder is a great functionality.
- Ymail ensures that users choose a strong password to keep themselves safe from hackers.
In short, Ymail along with Yahoo is one of the most secure and safe emails in today’s time.
Tips and tricks to secure your Ymail account
- Set a unique and strong password
- Enable the two-step verification of Ymail/Yahoo mail.
- Check account usage history regularly.
- Avoid opening emails which are lying in the spam folder. There are high chances of finding Phishing emails in the spam folder.
- Change your passwords constantly.
- Don’t forget to log out your Ymail account from a friend’s or a colleague’s desktop.
- When not in use, you should keep your Ymail account logged out from your phone also.
The above tips and tricks will surely help you to secure your Ymail account and be safe from Phishing attacks.
Ymail and Yahoo are not the only email addresses prevailing today. Gmail i.e. Google mail has also established itself in the market. The question which arises in our mind is:
Is Gmail safer that Ymail?
Over the years there have been a lot of debates over which email address is safer, Ymail or Gmail?
- The straightforward rationale is that Google is a more secure neighborhood than Ymail for email and internet-based activities.
- Many reports suggest that Ymail is more prone to attacks than Gmail.
- Google can implement the latest security solutions quicker.
Hence from a safety outlook, Gmail wins the race against Ymail. But even today, Ymail considered one of the most reliable email networks.